Monday, September 10, 2012

One month.

It's been a month now since my Ma passed away. Sometimes it feels like it was yesterday, and sometimes it feels like it was a year ago. It's a very strange feeling. Part of it is because of her Alzheimer's.
 She has been slipping away from us for so long, it's hard to remember when the last time she was actually 100% with us. And even then, she was very forgetful, often repeating herself, I wonder how long she had been fighting this disease within her own mind, before we were able to pick up on it.
I've been able to talk about it more and more as the days go on. I love my job for that reason, I meet so many people, and being the medical field, you meet people who have dealt with things like this, who are going through it, or who have a loved one with it.

Here is an amazing picture of my grandparents, that I've had sitting in my room for probably 20 years, in every room I've had, including my dorm room. It was taken just outside their first home. You can't see the white picket fence, but no lie...there is one in the rest of the pic =)
The look so happy, and she is so beautiful, and he is so handsome, and looks just like my dad!
And this is them at my wedding, the day before their 58th wedding anniversary. They would have been married 61 years this October.
I miss her like crazy.
Seriously, longest and shortest month of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment