Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pinterest motivational challenge 2

Our second challenge was based off of some beautiful artwork on pinterest that was done by melting crayons with a blow dryer, or putting them through a hot glue gun.

I like to refer to this challenge as the "Pinterest motivational failure," what a hot mess. It seemed easy enough....ugh.

Here are a few examples from pinterest:
Melted crayonmelted crayon artMelted Crayon Art!
These are beautiful, aren't they? Let me be the first to tell you that these people have some mad skills that I do NOT posses!

Michelle's piece came out very pretty, although she was not thrilled with it. I love the way that the colors all blended together. She mailed it to me alllll the way from Wisconsin, and now it sits on my craft table here in Virginia. Here is Michelle's, done on a 5x7 canvas:
And then there is mine...ugh. Here is where we get to the challenge failure part. Let me start by telling you that I was supposed to complete this project in March. I didn't do it until June...and I never even sent a picture of it to Michelle, because I hated it so much...so this will be the first time she sees it too.

Yuk...What a mess. I didn't even bother taking a good picture of it, just snapped a quick one with my phone so that I can heave this crap into the garbage!

I did mine in a 13x9 baking pan from the dollar store. I thought the metal would heat up more, making the crayons melt faster. Well, it heated up unevenly, and then it was so hot that I couldn't hold it to try and move it around to make to wax drip and run where I wanted it!

The butterfly in the middle is just black card stock...my intentions were that he would have colorful wax drippings running from his wings. Now it just looks like I'm cooking him for dinner or something.

So there you have it, our pinterest motivational challenge #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment