Monday, August 6, 2012

It's our half birthday!

It's true! I've been blogging at Just Whem and Osc for about 6 months now! Some of you may or may not remember that this is NOT my first blog. I started blogging about 2 years ago, at my Rosenbergh Fam blog, but because I left my husband (and for good reason!)

Because I was soon to be no longer a Rosenbergh, and we were no longer a "fam," I started this. Just a crafty/personal little blog about me (Whem,) and my dog (Osc.)

All that said, I DID have some wicked awesome projects over at Rosenberghfam.blogspot.com, and since it's been so long, I'd like to post some of my faves for you all to see!!

1. Congrats Mike and Mandy. Hand painted and decorated rocking horse for a co worker's baby shower. This was such an awesome project, and my ex and I did it together (note:this is an OLD post, we were still getting along! ha ha) so this is something you and your hubs or a girlfriend can do together and the baby-to-be can keep for YEARS to come!
 
2. Reduce.Reuse.Recycle Thrift store bowl and candle stick upcycle! This was so easy, but looked so elegant as a candy dish in my office at work! These types of items are ALWAYS very easy to find in thrift stores, Goodwills, yard sales, etc...I've made several more since then. Don't always go with the shiny black either...I've made some in turquoise and watermelon and bright yellow. Go for it!!
 

3. My homemade granola. I've tried a lot of recipes, this one is simple the best, hands down. I REALLY like to put dried cherries in it, and then put it in vanilla yogurt. I used to make a HUGE mason jar full of it, then bring in a big thing of yogurt and my manager at Chicago Cardiology and I would eat it everyday for breakfast. Man, I miss that place...the job, not Chicago...just to be clear :)
 
4. 40 sucks gift/craft This is really cute, I've done it for a lot of people, and I've done it for 30th, 40th, 50th etc birthdays. Also I've done "Cancer Sucks," for a friend's little boy who was in the hospital getting chemo, and "Retirement sucks," for a friend who had a forced retirement due to a back injury. Take the idea and run with it! I used a clear paint bucket. But you could use any container really!
 
5. Iris folded birthday gift Made this little beauty for my Momma for her birthday. Iris folding is so easy, but it looks SO amazing. Put it in a frame and you have yourself a masterpiece!
 
6. Monogram wedding guest book This was a last minute "guest" book that a co-worker asked me to make. She and her boyfriend threw together a quick wedding for various reasons, and I had told her my feelings on traditional guestbooks (hate them, they just collect dust and go in the closet, never to be seen again!) so I cam up with this! I ended up selling 3 more to people who had seen the one at her wedding! 
 
7. Scrappy flower hair clips. I made about a thousand of these (OK, maybe only 100) for a craft show at the church. They were all made of scraps or upcycled jeans or clothing. They are really cute, and I also hot glued some onto pens that us girls at work LOVED. I had to take some pictures, and I didn't have anyone to model them, poor Lyla girl!
 
8. Bleach pen tees have long been a go to craft for me! I have done them with the nephews, for gifts, with friends, etc! I just LOVE how they turn out, and you can get colored T shirts at Goodwill or Salvation Army for 99 cents, and who cares, you are bleaching it anyway, right? So that makes this a really cute, cheap, and easy craft!
 
9. Coupon organizer speaks for itself! And its just so darn cute!
 
10. Cheesy pumpkin! I just love this guy! So funny and so cute!
 
So, there you have it, my top 10 favorite projects from my former blog! Hope you enjoy them!
Have a great week, everyone!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment