Sunday, December 9, 2012

Thankful...

I was totally into the 30 days of Thanks on Facebook, until I landed in the hospital just before Thanksgiving. Having a headache for 15 days and being on IV pain medication makes on a little less thankful and even more importantly...less able to write facebook posts that make any sense, so I ended it there.
But I did keep them all on a document so that I could share them on my blog, because I really and truly DO have so many things to be thankful for....


My Facebook (almost) 30 days of thanks:

November 1. I am thankful for my amazing parents. Without them I would not be who I am today. I would not have had the strength to put one foot in front of the other, from my very first steps, to the most difficult of times, especially in the last 9 months.

November 2. I am thankful for my grandmother, my Ma. She passed away on August 6. I am so blessed to have had 28 years with her. She was an amazing example of strength, creativity and love. Not a day goes by when I don't think about her, and smile. I know that she is resting peacefully and watching over all of us, smiling that beautiful Trumbo smile of hers :)

November 3: I am thankful for Erin Briner. I was blessed with a sister when I was 20 months old, so I've pretty much never known life without her. Her smart ass mouth and hilarious views sometimes frustrate me, but also make me laugh until my stomach hurts sometimes. She fights harder in one day than most people do in their whole lives, and I love her for it.

November 4: I am thankful for my beautiful, hilarious, intelligent, creative, smart mouthed, baby sister, Hannah. Despite out differences, and the fact that she once held a large vase over her head and said, "I'll break this and tell mom you did it," she is truly my best friend.

November 5: I am thankful for flannel sheets because damn, its cold!

November 6: I am thankful for my Oscar Mayer. My partner in crime for the last 3 years. I'm not sure I would have made it through all of the insanity without him. He has made me laugh when I wanted to cry, and kept me going through migraines, divorce, and Lord knows what else :)

November 7: I am thankful that I live in a society where divorce is not only allowed, but accepted. I am a firm believer in “till death due us part,” but sometimes you have to stand up, and realize that you can't let someone who is ruining their life, ruin yours as well. People have a lot of excuses for why marriages fail, and I can tell you about 100 reasons why mine did. But in reality I am just thankful that I am able to walk away unscathed, and hold me head up high, knowing that I made the right decision, and my life will be better because of it.

November 8: I am thankful for text messaging. Man, what did we do without it?!?

November 9: I am thankful for good friends. They know who they are. Without them, life would be no fun, and quite boring. Friends make life worth living.

November 10: I am thankful for Aron, Jason and Jackson Komar. Aside from my dad, the 3 most important men in my life! Aron, always making me laugh with his crazy knock knock jokes and funny outbursts! I love his sweet cuddly side, and his sometimes mischievous and sneaky side. Jason, I was there to hold him the day he was born, and he has had me around his little finger since then! I love that scratchy little voice and his somewhat oblivious attitude toward the world. Being in Chicago and away from these 2 dudes was heart wrenching! And then there is Baby Jax...so special in every way! From the way he made his entrance into this world, to the cute little giggles he gives me when I go to get him at 6am. He is a perfect mix of both parents and I can't wait to see how his personality will develop into a mix of Matt, Gioia, Aron and Jason! I am so proud to be these boys Em-Way!

November 11: Today I am thankful for migraine medications. It has been a less than pleasant day, and it would have only been worse without them!

November 12: I am thankful for the men and women who give and have given of themselves to serve our great nation.

November 13: I am thankful for opportunity. You never know whats around the next corner, and you gotta keep on looking around those corners, especially when times get tough!

November 14: I'm so thankful for Dansko nursing clogs. They're the only reason I can stand on my feet for 8 to 12 hours a day for the last 10 years!

November 15: I am thankful for a place for Oscar and I to call home. It is so cold out there, and there are so many without homes. Despite an insane year of loosing nearly everything, I am so fortunate that I have amazing parents who allowed us to move in here after I left Chicago.

November 16: I am thankful for my car. I loooove that Hybrid :)

November 17: I am thankful for Cards against Humanity. A terrible, terrible card game...but oh so fun with a glass of wine and good friends!

November 18: I am thankful for YVFD. Being within the walls and amongst the amazing people of this department remind me of who I am, how far I have come, and the future. Years of memories, calls, and a place to live when I needed it the most! I miss those insane calls, late nights on the back porch, and endless hours spent with friends and brothers. It was good to be “home,” today in the 'Shire...even for a short time. I can't wait to be back for good!

November 19: I am thankful for peanut butter and jelly. My favorite food on the planet!

November 20: I am thankful for my own bed, you never know how good it feels until you can't sleep in it for a few days!

November 21: I am thankful for Initials, Inc. I was so torn on the whole idea of direct sales. I had seen Gioia doing so well in it, and others just ordering their start up kits and never doing much else with them. I've always felt that I could be good at it, just didn't know which company that I wanted to do it with. Since signing under Initials, I feel a little more confident, have some killer bags to show off(!!!) and have met some pretty amazing women who are always willing to help when I have (sometimes stupid) questions!!

November 22: I am thankful to be thankful. I have so much to be thankful, and there are so many people who do not. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment